The horse is prepared against the day of battle, but safety is of the LORD. Proverbs 21:31
People call me Firn. God calls me beloved, or sometimes “darling”, in a slightly exasperated tone. What more is there to say? I’m fresh out of my teens, I run God’s own stableyard at Morning Star Stables, and apart from Jesus and horses and people, I love dressage and the land and volunteering in first aid.
God wooed me with wildflowers, saved my soul and captures my heart. I follow Him through adventures in horsemanship: listening, teaching, learning, and the dance. This is our journey.
Glory to the King.
Personal Riding Goals
Improve my own body:
- Have regular chiro.
- Take conditioning classes twice a week throughout the year. No excuses.
- I’m pretty good about eating and sleeping well. Keep it up, especially when I’m on volunteer duty.
Improve my dressage position:
- Find out what’s going on with my shoulders.
- Improve on my bad habit of bracing the lower back as soon as I feel tension.
- Improve on my bad habit of tipping forward at the hip, especially in canter.
- Improve on my super bad habit of looking down.
Improve my jumping position:
- Improve my tendency for my heels to come up on landing.
- Improve my release.
- Improve my tendency to try and jump ahead on takeoff.