The horse is prepared against the day of battle, but safety is of the LORD. Proverbs 21:31
People call me Firn. God calls me beloved, or sometimes “darling”, in a slightly exasperated tone. What more is there to say? I’m fresh out of my teens, I run God’s own stableyard at Morning Star Stables, and apart from Jesus and horses and people, I love dressage and the land and volunteering in first aid and the man who’s become the lighthouse of my soul.
God wooed me with wildflowers, saved my soul and captures my heart. I follow Him through adventures in horsemanship: listening, teaching, learning, and the dance. This is our journey.
Glory to the King.
Personal Riding Goals
Improve my own body:
- Have regular chiro.
- Take conditioning classes twice a week throughout the year. No excuses.
- I’m pretty good about eating and sleeping well. Keep it up, especially when I’m on volunteer duty.
Improve my dressage position:
- Find out what’s going on with my shoulders.
- Improve on my bad habit of bracing the lower back as soon as I feel tension.
- Improve on my bad habit of tipping forward at the hip, especially in canter.
- Improve on my super bad habit of looking down.
Improve my jumping position:
- Improve my tendency for my heels to come up on landing.
- Improve my release.
- Improve my tendency to try and jump ahead on takeoff.