So the show didn’t happen this weekend.
This was because it was bucketing with rain, which is OK, but also like minus four gazillion degrees, which was less OK.
I don’t know how our friends in the Northern Hemisphere manage it. Hats off to you chaps, this weather sent us all running for cover. I pouted when the postponement was announced on Saturday afternoon. I rather revoked my pouting on Sunday morning when it was all of 7° and the rain came sluicing down in an icy deluge and instead of trying to dressage, I was in bed under three Jack Russels.
The weekend was not without its adventures. Vastrap did not take to being clipped in this weather very well. He was bundled up in a weatherproof rug but when we got to him on Saturday morning he was shaking like a leaf and could barely walk, so tied up was he.
So we brought him in and bundled him up and poked needles into him until he felt better, and thankfully, by Sunday morning he was OK again.
Only having two stables, though, this meant somebody would have to go out on their ear. This somebody was poor pampered little Ash,
who thoroughly enjoyed it and spent the night hanging out with Lady Erin quite contentedly. (How Lady E got in with Ash, nobody knows). We’re quite relieved because she’s fairly horrible to most other horses and we were all a little concerned she’d eat her young someday.
As you can see, we also had some amazing frost, so that’s the end of the bugs. Hallelujah! (Seriously.)
Now, onwards and upwards preparing for SANESA Q3. Glory to the King.