While I didn’t officially do goals for Midas last year, he had a successful three-year-old year despite having a late start. We have lots to do this year to achieve what I like at the end of the four-year-old year, but I’m pretty confident in the little chap. He’s got this.
- Hack alone and in company. He’s quite brave and obedient, and for a sale pony this is quite a non-negotiable – what kid wants a pony that won’t hack?
- Be quiet at shows. This includes overnight in the stable.
- Compete up to 70cm showjumping at training shows. I’m being ambitious now, but let’s see what this guy can do.
- Compete up to Prelim at training shows. This at least I am good at, so we should be able to do this.
- Compete at the Nooitie shows. Because Nooitie shows are epic.
- Go cross-country schooling. I’d love to event him in 2018, either myself or under a child.
The sale pony business is still a learning curve for me, so once again my goal setting is based largely on an educated guess. But we’ll see what happens. Or at least, I know exactly what’ll happen: God’s plan, in all its pure perfection.
Glory to the King.