Thanks again to Viva Carlos for a quick post idea after a long day!
- How many pairs of breeches/jods do you own? Three – a beige one for outings, a white one for shows, and a black one for work (yes, working at a coloured horse stud in black jods doesn’t always work out so well).
- How many horses have you ridden? Hmm… a bunch. Probably 10 different horses with my first trainer, six of my own, maybe 15 random horses the Mutterer put me on when I used to shadow him everywhere, 10-12 horses I trial rode for people or competed on once or twice, probably another 10 at horse camps, and somewhere between 20 and 30 for my clients. So somewhere between 60 and 70, maybe a little more if we’re allowing for random horses I don’t remember (sorry random horses).
- How many trainers have you had? Three, not counting once-offs with dressage or cross-country trainers.
- How many barns have you ridden at? Not counting show/clinic venues, only three.
- What is the name of the horse you consider yourself to have the greatest bond with? Skye’s the Limit – with Thunder a very close second
- What is your favourite show name you’ve ever encountered? For Joy, name of the amazing stallion standing at Callaho Stud. Special Effects – a piebald stallion – comes in a pretty close second. Somethingroyal (dam of Secreteriat) is up there too.
- What do you consider your greatest weakness or flaw in riding? Lack of patience and confidence
- What do you consider to be your greatest strength? Perseverance
- Have you ever leased a horse? Yes – my gorgeous grey drama queen (king?)
- What is the name of the first horse you rode? No idea; in my defence, I was two. The first horse I remember riding (and falling off of) was a little bay pony named Prinsie (“little prince”).
2 thoughts on “October’s 10 Questions”
Always love reading about you and your horses, Firn 🙂
Always love reading your comments 🙂